Wednesday, August 31, 2016

12 Year Old Hunter Shrugs at Death Threats

Trigger Warning:
PETA members may want to click here instead...
Full disclosure: I am not a hunter.  I have never been hunting, and in fact the idea of hunting is repellent to me.  Not because I'm an animal rights nut or anything (I once argued AGAINST animals having rights in college...successfully), but because hunting makes you go outdoors.  If I'm going hunting, it's going to be online against punk ass noobs.

12-year-old Aryanna Gourdin (pictured above) is a hunter, though.  She's also been receiving death threats after posting pictures of her big game hunts in Africa.  How has she responded to all of that?

With a loud, resounding "meh:"
On August 19, Breitbart News reported that big game hunter Aryanna Gourdin received death wishes and ridicule on social media after posting a photo that showed her standing by a giraffe she shot and killed, her bolt action rifle in the foreground. In spite of the criticism, the 12-year-old declares she will never stop hunting.

One critic called her a “murderer” and another described how they looked forward to posting a photo standing by Gourdin’s body, the way Gourdin stood by the dead giraffe.

On August 29, UK’s Mirror reported that Gourdin responded to the threats and hatred, saying, “I’m never going to stop [hunting].” She talked about how she enjoys going on hunts with her dad: “It’s something that I cherish and I enjoy and I want other people to see what I’ve been able to ­experience. I want other women and youth to get into the hunting experiences. It’s just awesome.”

Gourdin said that she and her father love animals, but they “also love hunting.” And she sees no contradiction in that because of the role hunting plays in conservation via population control and getting rid of the older animals so the younger ones can take their places. She added, “I would never back down from hunting.”
Continue Reading...

I wonder if any of the Social Justice Warriors threatening a child would have the balls to actually try and carry through on their threats?  I bet they'd find Aryanna and her family ready and waiting for them.

2 comments:

  1. SJW's would be shocked if they had to face the reality that hunters and ranchers are actually better conservationists then they themselves are. Most of these hunts are allowed to cull the sicker members of the herd in an effort to keep the rest of the herd healthy.

    When SJW's are allowed to run things, animals actually have a worse time of it. But we aren't allowed to talk about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Further down in the article it actually talks about how bad things are for lions in the reserve where Cecil was killed. Overpopulation is wreaking havoc on the wildlife, and it's because people have stopped hunting them.

      I have a rabid lefty friend who's a big animal rights nut. I always tell her how necessary hunting is for conservation, and she always disagree. "Life finds a way," she says.

      Yes it does, it's called the overpopulated species gradually starving to death because they depleted the prey animals!

      Delete

Disqus Shortname